The best way to clean your Aroma Rice Cooker is not that hard, but a smart thing to do, as you will enjoy your Aroma Rice Cooker for a longer period of time for sure.
Remember to unplug your rice cooker and allow it to cool completely before you clean your rice cooker!
How to clean the inner rice pot:
– take the inner cooking pot out and wash it in warm, soapy water using a nylon sponge or dishcloth.
– then rinse and dry it completely.
– wipe the body of the rice cooker clean with a damp cloth.
How to clean the underside of the Lid:
– at best you clean the underside of the lid after every use.
– detach the inner lid from the shaft by gently tugging it outwards. Then soak it briefly to wash it clean.
– wipe the underside of the lid with a warm, damp cloth and dry it with a soft dry cloth.
– finally place the lid back.
(install the inner lid to the outer lid by pressing the inner lid over the inner lid shaft. After installing the inner lid, the small side of the inner lid seal should face you with the outer lid open. If the inner lid is inserted improperly, the outer lid will not close.)
How to clean the heating plate:
– wait for the plate to be cooled completely, then wipe the heating plate with a warm, damp cloth.
– dry with a soft dry cloth.
It can happen for rice grains, or other dried materials, to stick to the heating plate. In that case, repeat the steps above until the heating plate is completely clean. This to ensure the needed ‘full contact’ between the inner pot and the heating plate. Otherwise, the rice cooker will not close properly and may overheat.
Never use any harsh abrasive cleaners or products that are not considered safe to use on nonstick coatings.
Do not immerse rice cooker base in water or any other liquid. The Aroma Rice Cooker itself is NOT dishwasher safe. Also, keep in mind that some inner pots are NOT dishwasher safe.